Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Baby help!

So to all my dear friends out there, please try to keep your mouths from hitting the floor when I tell you what I am about to tell you.
I am starting to put Sarah in her crib now. I know it's hard to believe as Paige and Taylor were never in the crib. In fact I didn't completely move them out of my bed until last January. Since they were about 1 years old I have started them off in their own bed but when they would wake up in the middle of the night it was SO much easier to get them to stay asleep longer in my bed.

So where is the help I need??? How did you keep your little baby's warm in the crib. Last night I went into Sarah and her little hands were cold. I don't want her cold and that will probably escalated her moving back into my bed sooner. So how did you keep them warm and with the blankets on them. I can lay Sarah down anywhere and if she is tired and not hungry or wet, she will kind of whimper for a minute or two and go to sleep. SHE IS A DREAM!!!!!! So help me with keeping her warm please. I tried to tuck in some blankets on top of her and am hoping that works!

So thanks in advance to your responses!

p.s. I have never had a baby monitor before. I got one because, like many of you have noticed, I cannot hear Sarah cry unless I am in the same room with her. So my point in telling you this. This machine is a dream. If I had had it with Taylor as a toddler, it would have prevented, so many things because I can hear a pin drop with it. If I am upstairs and it is down, I can still hear the slightest thing. For example I heard Taylor in another room from the baby, getting into my bathroom drawers. Catastrophe averted! I only spent 17$ on it too! Oh the simple pleasures in life!

5 comments:

East Coast Jenny said...

Wow, I can't sleep with kids in my bed. I end up just staring at them and wanting to kiss their cheeks over and over and over...you get the idea. Invest in a couple of sleeper blankets. My babies always end up with the coldest room in the house. I layer than up with a onesie and socks, sleeper jammies, and then a blanket sleeper over all of that. That way when they kick their blanket off they will be just fine.

Becky said...

it doesnt help with her hands, but you can get her a sleep sack like this one http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Innovations-SleepSack-Wearable-Blankets/dp/B000ALDMO0
or like this one http://www.amazon.com/Kiddopotamus-Dreamsie-Sleeper-Double-Velboa/dp/B000G5VET0/ref=pd_sbs_a_1

Kory Jane said...

My secret is layers. Lots of warm layers. Those blanket sleepers are a dream and then you add nice warm socks and they are usually pretty good. Hailey is old enough now to cover with a bigger blanket so I never really worry that much. You also might have to consider raising the heat temperature at night. I have always put my babies in the crib around 3 months to give me better sleep. I can't seem to sleep deep with them in the bed. Good luck. It is a hard transition for both you and baby.

Mary Kendall said...

Try the Miracle Blanket. You can get it off amazon, or I can loan you mine. Its a light weight cotton unlike most other swaddling blankets thus approved to prevent SIDS. Ethan loved it, and preferred to go to sleep with it, and it keeps his hands in, and he never could get his hands out, unlike other brands. Let me know if you want to borrow it.'Good luck, I know its a huge step!!!

Amber said...

I say just dress her really warm. Blankets don't ever stay on. You could try and put socks on her hands to keep them warm. If all else fails, turn the heat up a couple of degrees at night for a bit.