Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Taylor is 5!

Today we celebrated Taylor's birthday. I will always remember with such clarity the first time I held Taylor when she came out. Her eyes wide open and smiling. She loves it when I tell this story of how when she came out I looked in her eyes and she had a special sparkle. She really did and that pretty much describes Taylor. She is one of the most charismatic and generous people you will ever meet.

At this time in her life she is enjoying learning to read, coloring, riding her scooter and bike, going to school, singing, doing puzzles, writing letters, scribbling in a note book, and playing with Sarah.

I cannot believe it has already been 5 years. I wish I would have slowed down a bit to really enjoy her and written down all the funny things she has said. One of my favorites was when we were all cuddling in the bed one morning, she felt her daddy's chest and called his nipples, boodada's. Oh the fits of laughter this girl has brought into our lives and into many. She is one of the funniest kids you will ever meet. She is my lover girl and I am so thankful that she was sent to us. Our family just wouldn't be complete without her!

3 comments:

Mary Kendall said...

happy birthday Taylor!

LINSY said...

Happy Birthday Taylor! She is a cutie pie and a half. she really does have the sparkle! we miss her! and we miss you all!

Amber said...

Taylor is five? Wow!!! I remember when I first met her she was just barely one and was the cutest chubbiest little thing you have ever seen. Happy Birthday Taylor!