Monday, December 6, 2010

New post

Why haven't I posted in so long? Because life has sucked for us for 2010. I could go on and on about all the little blessings we have had amongst our trial but the reality is, I have noticed them, I do notice them and now I am done. I have had faith, patience, I've been long suffering, served righteously in all my callings, payed a full tithe and well it just hasn't paid off. 11 months unemployed and well no Christmas at our house. So that's where I have been. Busy being cheerful, busy being optimistic and it hasn't paid off. What more do I have to learn, nothing. Now I just sit and wait and hope.

Happy Holiday's!!! ( still haven't lost my fantastic sense of humor)

6 comments:

Julie said...

I love you so much!!! Just remember my motto, "Life sucks and than you die." That should help you feel better!

Kristin said...

I'm sorry this has been such a terrible year for you guys. And, I won't offer you any words of encouragement or "this is what I do when life is hard" stuff cause sometimes you just want people to realize that you are just NOT happy about things at the moment. I get that. I love you and I miss you and your sweet, fun girls. Hope all your faithfulness and patience pays off soon.

Chelsea said...

I totally agree with Kristin; sometimes you just need to sit down and say "THIS SUCKS and I'm tired of it". I'm sorry things have been so hard, let me know if there is anything we can do for you and your family! When you are ready for words of encouragement and help, I totally recommend S. Michael Wilcox's talk "The Fourth Watch". I listen to it whenever I get overwhelmed and tired of dealing with all the crap. Let me know if you want to borrow it.

Heidi said...

Sometimes life just really really sucks.....and then it doesn't. Hang in there.

Amber said...

Love you Nicole! Hope things look up soon.

Unknown said...

Yep, in many ways this past year totally sucked, with no improvement in sight. I haven't dealt with anything like what you're going through, but I've had to tell myself (repeatedly) that there's some reason for this, and I guess it's my job to endure until I find out what it is. Elder Uchtdorf gave a great talk about enduring in the last conference but one, and it's helped me a lot.
Hang on. A better day is coming!