Friday, December 12, 2008

Bedtime stories

So I got done putting my girls to bed. Instead of story time tonight I let them put on a show for me while I recorded them. Well I went into my room to talk with Jay for a little while. I then needed to go to the laundry room for just a moment. On my walk I heard little voices talking so I grabbed what I needed out of the laundry room and went back to my room and grabbed the recorder. When I went to their room, Paige was in Taylor's bed reading her stories. They were sitting there on Taylor's bed reading. When Paige finished one book, she asked Taylor if she wanted to read another one. As Paige proceeded to tell the Nephite Christmas story to Taylor, Taylor asked if they killed Samuel and Paige recounted the entire story.

I love moments like these because I see the closeness that my girls are creating even though it seems like they fight so often. I am glad I got it on the recorder!

4 comments:

Ben and Heidi said...

That is so neat! Good job getting your video camera. It seems like I miss all those moments and then forget they happened with all the arguing and fighting. You make me realize I need to step back and see their love for each other.

Claire said...

Hi Nicole!!! Congrats on #3!

Emma Crowther said...

I can totally relate with that. Beth and Michael fight a lot, but then they have their moments of clossness and they get along really well. It always lifts my spirits when they get along.

Kory Jane said...

I know how you feel. On the rare occasion that all three are playing together nicely I think, man why can't they be like this most of the time. But at least those little moments make everything that much sweeter. I need pregnancy pictures and blogging now. I think it is about time to start complaining.