Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Holiday Season

Well there aren't many pictures to show for Thanksgiving. Jeremy and I are a bit apprehensive taking our camera out after we lost it last year when we went hunting for our Christmas tree. We spent Thanksgiving with my brother Todd and his family. It was a nice quiet Thanksgiving and I really enjoyed the time we all spent together. We had Todd take a picture of our family on his couch because I finally realized that we don't have any family pictures really. That will all change in the next week or two!
As I contemplated what I was thankful for this year it pretty much revolved around family. I am so thankful for my immediate family and also for my extended family Families are truly eternal and I am grateful to be a part of an eternal family. I am thankful for the beauty of the earth for the different season we experience. I am thankful for my Savior, for his atonement, and his resurrection. I am thankful for modern day prophet who receives revelation and I am thankful for personal revelation. I am thankful to have a personal relationship with my Heavenly Father and to receive guidance as I need it in my life.

I am thankful for all my Heavenly Father has blessed me with and I am especially thankful for the Christmas season.

We went and got our Christmas tree this last weekend. We have a family tradition of going to Sleigh Bells where we cut our own tree, pick an ornament, see Santa, and enjoy some good food. When we got the tree home we quickly realized it was too big for our house. LOL We had to use a special stand that hold about 6 quarts of water, 900 lights, and cutting the top off just enough to try and get the star on. This year I let the girls help a lot with the ornaments so the tree looks a little bottom heavy but it's a good way for me to let go with the tree. I have rearranged several ornaments but I really had a good time doing the decorations with the girls.

I love the spirit of the season. So much joy can be felt with all the hustle and bustle, the smells, the giving, the receiving, and the decorations that center around our Savior. I am excited for this holiday as I always am!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Emma Crowther said...

Tell me more about where you go for the Christmas tree. Sounds like a fun place.

Riley's said...

We go to Sleigh bells. We love it and it has been our tradition for about 7 years now. It is out in Sherwood.