Saturday, January 23, 2010

Confessions

I have a confession to make. I have the easiest baby in the entire world. This baby used to cry so quiet that the only way we knew she was crying was by looking at her face. Since then she has developed her mad, I want my mama to pick me up cry but when she is really upset, it is still the silent wide open mouth. You can ask my girlfriends who often hold her for just a second while I either run to the bathroom or do a quick something. One of my favorite things she does is smile at people so sheepishly and then turn into my chest. I have always wanted a baby like that.

One really great thing is if I get Sarah just tired enough and her belly is full and her diaper changed, I can lay her down swaddled in her crib and she will hardly make a peep. Sometimes she still wants me to hold her so she will squawk for a moment but within a few minutes she is sound asleep. She has done this since she came out. It doesn't help her sleep through the night yet but it is really nice to not have to rock her and I figure if we keep this up, she will sleep through the night soon enough without the long nights of crying it out!

She really is a dream baby the only down side, she doesn't like anyone but her mama to hold her. Daddy will suffice but that is only for a little bit!

Ah another mama's girl!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Boston is also 100% a momma's boy, which is sweet sometimes, but frusting others. I can vouch for Sarah's cry, it is about 1,000 decibles softer than Boston's and yes, it immediate after she is handed off from her mommy. She is super sweet though, and will smile at me when her mommy has her and there is no threat I'm going to want to hold her.