Monday, January 4, 2010

Paige

So I need to brag for just a moment. We went to the library today after school. After talking with Paige's teacher this morning and informing her that Paige had read 2 chapter books in three days over the break, she asked me if it was a Junie B. Jones book. I told her no and she said she was wondering if she needed to do a DRA, developmental reading assessment on her. Then she said she would do one anyway since she will be leaving at the end of the month. So I was curious and decided to take Paige to the library to check out a Junie B. Jones book. I showed Paige and suggested she check it out. She refused and then I told her to read the first three pages and if at the end of those she didn't like it then she cold put it back. By the end of the three paiges she was in fits of laughter and did indeed decide to check out the book. So the point of this story... Paige read the entire book in about three hours today. The book is 68 pages long with 9 chapters. i am anxious to see where she is at after her assessment. May not seem like a lot to us adults but for a 1st grader, I say pretty impressive!

I'm pretty proud of that little girl! Can ya tell???

1 comment:

East Coast Jenny said...

I'm proud of her too. I still remember reading my first chapter book.