Sunday, May 30, 2010

Funny Story

I have a lot of posts I need to catch up on namely Paige's birthday but that takes awhile so I will share a cute conversation I had with Paige yesterday. I turned on a 3o minute Magic School Buss Cartoon for the girls yesterday while I was getting ready for a couple of friends to come over for a BBQ. Towards the end of the show, we find out that the Salmon swims up stream to lay it's eggs and then the male salmon fertilizes the eggs to make them turn into fish. As it came to a conclusion Paige says to me, "Did Dad fertilize us?"

How would you answer that? Between the fits of nervous laughter that I had I simply said yes. She didn't ask how so this morning her daddy decided to ask her how she thought it happened. Her answer, through the belly button with a magic pen. Jeremy's response, "That is exactly correct." I just about died.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Why are kids so fascinated with the belly button? My neice told me it was a good thing I had a belly button to feed Boston with (nursing). I just DIED when she told me that. Super funny!

East Coast Jenny said...

I can just see you with the nervous laugh. Love it.