Sunday, November 9, 2008

Callings

Well I have been released as the primary chorister and have been called and sustained as the 4th Sunday teacher in Relief Society. I must admit that if I could pick any calling at church it wouldn't be to teach Relief Socity. With that said I am so excited and grateful the Lord has given me this challenge because I am sure the blessings and benefits will be wonderful.

A few things about being primary chorister. I LOVED IT. It was my favorite calling to date in the church. To listen to the children sing the simple truths of the gospel each week gave me the endurance for the week to go on. I could feel my testimony grow each week as I would sing with them. When my mom died it was through singing those songs that I stayed close to the gospel and had the many questions I had answered. I think that no other calling has brought me so much joy and I will miss it.

I am excited for my new calling and so excited to study, ponder, and pray over gospel principles for a month at a time. I am anxious to become more scholarly with the gospel and have my testimony fed in a new way. Like I said in an earlier post, the Lord never takes away without giving something in return. Sometimes we just need to be willing and ready to receive the challenge or trial first and then the blessings are revealed in beauty and splendor. I am excited to embark on a new calling!

3 comments:

Ben and Heidi said...

You'll do great! Heidi and I have taught a bunch of different classes; My favorite part is that the teacher usually learns more than the students! One piece of advice... don't procrastinate preparing your lessons. The Spirit always seems to be stronger when the lesson isn't thrown together Sunday morning... :)

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

I am so excited that you are coming to Relief Society now! You are going to be a great teacher! I know that the primary is going to miss you. Who is the new music leader?

Emma Crowther said...

You will be a wonderful teacher. It sounds like the new relief society are rather young, so I am sure you will have a blast too.