Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

We had a fun Halloween this year. Usually we will only do a couple of houses in our neighborhood and then head up to the church for trunk or treat. This year we actually went with friends around the neighborhood and then had a Halloween party right after.


The girls picked out their own costumes this year. Several months ago the girls told me what they wanted to be and I thought nothing of it. Paige said she wanted to be Dorothy and Taylor wanted to be a witch again but she wanted her face green. As I began finishing their costumes on Halloween I realized, Dorothy and the wicked witch. This was completely their choice. When they are older I will tell them it was their choice and that the costumes did fit their personalities at the time. See Taylor is all good with just a tweak of wicked witch in her but like her costume only a small portion is the wicked part(green face), and the rest is the good(the rest of the adorable costume.)


Many thanks to Aunt Mettie. She found these costumes at a store and picked them up for us. Paige's Dorothy costumed glistened in the night and Taylor's sparkled. I made Taylor's hat, shocker I know but isn't it cute? All the thanks for that goes to my friend Heidi who is creative, artistic, and shear genius.






The girls were so good trick or treating. Paige and Taylor were part of the older kids and they ran from door to door. It was fun to see their independence. We did have a scary thing happen though. This lady wearing a mask approached Paige and asked her for candy. Jeremy hunted her down to find out who she was and then we found out she was a lady in our neighborhood. It was creepy and Jeremy told the lady so!
We had a great Halloween! The only downside was that I bought a ton of candy and didn't give out one piece of it. I think I will end up throwing it all away.






1 comment:

Emma Crowther said...

The girls look great. I just love Taylors green face. She wouldn't come near me when I dressed up as a witch and painted my face green.