Friday, October 24, 2008

Perfect Love

So the girls pretty much try to come into our bed every night. Lately I have been hearing them enough to wake up before they get there and tell them to go potty and to go back to bed. Last night however, when Taylor came in I told her to go potty so she did but she came back and said, "I just want to rub your head mommy." I have been sick the last couple of days so Taylor will come up and rub my head every so often just like her Daddy does. As she climbed into bed she began rubbing my head . While I was laying there holding Jeremy's hand and holding Taylor's other hand this feeling of peace filled my heart. I realized at this moment that our children exhibit more Christ like love then anybody else. I realized that Taylor and Paige are so quick to forgive, that they really only see the good that we do and they are so eager to do things that will please us and make us feel happy. When they are older they will begin to dislike the things we dislike in ourselves but for now they adore us and love us perfectly.

I often joke that my children must not like me that much to not listen that well but the reality is they love me, like I love my mother. This time will soon pass and they will begin to find fault in me but I am thankful that for one moment in time I really understood how much I mean to them. This allows me to understand that my patience and tolerance is needed much more than sternness or discipline. Heavenly Father's plan really is perfect. It is only through our family relationships, husband/wife, parent/child, brother/sister that we learn to love one another perfectly like our Saviour loves us.

No comments: