Monday, October 20, 2008

Friendship

So yesterday was our primary program; it went well. The kids sang very well for having such a small primary and the special things we did with different songs was a nice change. Paige did great on her speaking part and then for her talk on temples she froze. She did fine I just had to remind her a lot in her ear which wasn't something that I was prepared to do so I didn't have her talk with me. Overall I think she did fantastic. A 5 year old speaking in sacrament meeting, that's pretty awesome. I cannot believe that Taylor will be in primary in just 3 months. Amazing how time has flown.

I've been thinking a lot about friends lately. Since Jeremy and I have been married we have really only had one couple that we would say is "our couple". They are the Boyer's. We have known them for almost our entire marriage and have become very close to them. They are forever friends. Last year at this time our they began to get very serious about the possibility of moving back to Utah. To make a long story short, they moved a couple of weeks ago. As much as I hate to see them go I have peace in the fact that we will always have them as friends and our first cruise will be with them. =^) Their move though hard for us is exciting and great for them.

It seems that the Lord rarely takes away without providing. Just as the Boyer's were getting ready to move, Jay and I began making close friendships with other people. They too will be forever friends but they all moved too, well the Kland's will finalize their move in two weeks. Just when I wondered if we would have any other couples that we could call "good" friends we went on a couples date with a couple, camping with more and BAM we have some more forever friends. Jeremy and I both have friends and make friends easily (well I do) but to find couples that you both like is difficult.

So tonight I am grateful for the good friends we have. I am grateful that the Lord has blessed Jay and I with friends that we will have for life, that share our values, and that we can share our adult lives with, have a "rock'n good" time with, and don't judge my mt. dew addiction.

If you are a friend of mine or ours, know that I am truly grateful for your friendship and what it brings to my life. Friendship is an essential part of this life and I am grateful for it.

p.s. I wonder why it gets easier to yell at my kids as the day progresses. Oh wait, because I am tired of repeating myself 6 billion times. See, ask and it shall be given to thee . Answers to my question that is.

2 comments:

Ben and Heidi said...

We love you guys too. We're sitting here all veclempt (whatever that means). Anyway, you guys are awesome!

Julie said...

Ditto, sister! We want to make an annual tradition of our summer camping trip, so start planning your trip to UT now! =) Love ya!