Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dr.s appt.

So today I took Taylor in for her 4 year check up knowing that she would get shots. I decided to prepare her and be totally upfront. I had little concern knowing that when she got her ears pierced she didn't cry. WELL Taylor was excited for her shots. She was so excited that when she walked in she asked the nurse if she was going to give her shots and all through the exam kept telling the dr. she was ready for her shots! So she keeps saying to me, "Mom tell the dr. I want my shots." I had to keep reminding her it would be at the end.

So then they bring in the shots. The first one she starts crying and throughout the rest she keeps crying. Well in our home shot day is treat day so I reminded her how brave she was being and that we would get a treat. As she left, she stops in the door, looks up at me with one hand on her hip with a look of utter shock and disgust and says, " Mom, I told you to tell the dr. no shots!" LOL I just about died.

So another part to this dr.'s experience was Paige. Paige was so excited for Taylor to get her shots as well. It was in a, "you will cry and I can't wait to see it because you said you won't" kind of way. So then the lady walks over to Taylor and I. Paige is sitting next to me and Taylor. As the lady goes to pull out the first shot Paige's face goes white, she hops off her chair covering her ears and lands in a fetal position on the floor. She stayed that way until all the shots had been administered. That was almost the funniest part to me. I had a hard time not laughing while taylor was getting her shots. LOL

Oh the dr.'s office, I wonder why my kids are usually so excited to go???? LOL

1 comment:

Claire said...

That is hilarious! Elise is the one who gets the boys all riled up...by screaming and crawling under chairs and holding on so I can't drag her out. It makes the boys a little nervous...