Thursday, September 3, 2009

Buying Snacks for the school

So I had the girls school supplies bought by middle of August. The only thing I didn't have was something I find kind of ridiculous. I have to buy, specifically, "Two COSTCO sized snacks" to share with the whole class.

I don't know, I think it is a bit ridiculous when we supply breakfast and lunch to the kids all through the summer but now I have to buy snacks for the whole class. I don't understand the need for it and well quite frankly I think it is a little bit presumptuous. I think that the school should be supplying that. I have to supply everything else in the dang classroom.

What does everyone else think?

p.s. If that man in Georgia would have hit my kid... (well I probably only would have slapped him back but mind you I would have instictively slapped him back.) MOTHER OF THE YEAR! lol

2 comments:

desiree said...

Oh don't even get me started on those ridiculously sized classroom supply lists! They don't budget properly and we have to accommodate for all the FREE LOADERS. I promise you half the parents don't even bother with those supplies... especially the snacks. Which is exactly why they ask everyone else to bring two.

No joke... two years ago, Dom's list asked us to bring SIXTY pencils. I thought it was a bit much, but figured I would do my duty anyway. So off he went with 60 NICE NAME BRAND pencils. (the others just do not sharpen well) About a month or two into school the teacher sent home a note asking for more pencils. I called her up and asked why, this was her response, "One of the students in our class keeps chewing the erasers off, so we need new pencils that have erasers." Um, hello? Tell that dirtbag's damn parents to buy the class more pencils then!

Anyway... good luck with what you decide. If I were you, I'd bring one Costco sized snack and personally tell the teacher you would be happy to bring another later in the year when they run low. :) At least it budgets easier...

Kory Jane said...

We did the same thing in Tulsa. They had a calendar that everyone took turns bringing in snacks. I agree that they should try to provide more for our kids, but at the same time if they don't have the money from the state, then they can't do anythin about it. So I figure I can bring a snack on occasion to help out.

Although we aren't required to bring something specific. I can go super cheap and make cookies if I wanted to.