Friday, September 4, 2009

Meet the teacher!

So we went to the school last night to meet the teachers for the girls last night. It was overall a good experience. I think I like both of the teachers a lot. The classrooms are well organized and clean which is super important to me.

What I took from the experience is that I need to work with Taylor in the next 5 days on waiting her turn and saying excuse me when she wants to say something. She kept following the teacher around saying, "teacher". So we talked last night and encouraged her to say, "Mrs. Hatch". She is so excited. Paige loved her teacher and felt like she was just like Mrs. Scott, her Kinder teacher last year.

I am excited for my girls but every time I think about dropping them both off on their first day, I cry. I tear up mainly about Paige because it is a reality that she will be out of my grasp for 7 hours in a day. I won't be able to be there when her feelings get hurt, she gets frustrated with her work(probably a good thing. I'm not the most patient when it comes to teaching.) , she just needs reassurance, or heaven forbid someone physically hurts her. These are all a reality of life but I am not ready to let them happen without my control of the situation in some way. I guess at this point it doesn't matter if I am ready for them or not, She is!

4 comments:

desiree said...

Sending those babies off for first grade is the hardest! I don't know why moms complain about Kindergarten... they're only gone half a day then!

As you know, but still need to hear, your girls will do GREAT! They are such sweet little things, and have no problems telling someone when something isn't to their liking. Some parents worry about that, but it's a good quality to KNOW your kids can speak up for themselves. Don't worry about them too much or be TOO sad... it's good for them to grow up. Or so everyone says... :)

Oh, and Mrs. Hatch is AWESOME!!! Both of my boys had her... she really is a GOOD teacher! Who's the first grade teacher?

Julie said...

Wait, Taylor is not in school yet, is she?? Is she going to preschool at the elementary school?

East Coast Jenny said...

I took Alice to meet her new teacher and when we got back in the car she was staring out the window with a huge smile on her face, and I lost it. It is hard to send them out there into the world. They're so little still. It makes my heart hurt, but I'm glad she's ready and willing.

Amber said...

I hear you sister. 7 hours a day is SOOOOOO long. It doesn't even seem right. After Tyson is gone for about 4 hours it feels like I should go get him but he has THREE more hours. Sometimes I feel a bit bitter that the school can take my child for that long. Sigh. I'm sure it will get easier!