Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Paige

I know that most people will understand what I mean when I say that there is something so very special about the first child. Well Paige is no exception.

Tonight I was reminded of Paige's sweet character when she came into me while I was giving Sarah a bath. She was breathing quite heavily and I asked her what was wrong. She began to tell me, "Well I was trying to help Taylor." I was very curious as Taylor was supposed to be asleep in bed but had fallen asleep in the middle of the floor instead. So I asked Paige what she was trying to do to help her. Her response, "Well I was trying to scoot her over to her bed and put her in it." Now you must realize how very little Paige is. Taylor weighs the same as Paige and is just about as tall as her. As I came out of the bathroom and went near the girls room there was Taylor, previously uncovered in the middle of the doorway asleep on the floor. Now she had a pillow under her head and a stuffed animal under her arm and her blankets gently placed on her.

Oh my sweet intuitive, valiant Paige. If you truly know you her you love her. One day her sisters will understand as my Aunts do of my mom and I do of my brother Todd, the importance of the oldest sibling. They will one day refer to her as the kindest person they know because, well she is.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I guess that makes me the kindest person my siblings know? I better inform them of that information. ;)

Ben and Heidi said...

I love to hear you talk about your kids. You have such love for them. Thanks for helping me look for the great in my kids.

Kory Jane said...

That is so true for my family as well. Thor is about the nicest person I have ever met. And Logan my oldest is extremely nice and well behaved. I guess that might be so they can set that wonderful example huh?