Friday, June 18, 2010

Are we done yet?

So our neighborhood has a community garage sale once a year. Per our HOA we can only do a garage sell at that time of the year. I was all prepared to sell all things baby but I admit I haven't prepared much. There really isn't any need. Baby clothes are already separated by size in bins so I waited until tonight to just do a quick run through and set things up. I was fully prepared to sell all my baby clothes for close to nothing to rid myself of them but tonight as I popped open some lids it became all to apparent that this little mama may not be ready to do so.

I guess the biggest thing for me is that all of my 0-12 months clothes were basically purchased by or with my mom and I can see all three of my baby's in them so vividly. There are some outfits that all three girls have worn and they are in mint condition. As I peered into the storage bins and began looking at the clothes I would have no trouble selling I realized I just couldn't yet. What is weird is that I feel very comfortable selling the bouncer, swing, car-seats, and excer-saucer. What do you think it is? Do you think I am just to emotionally tied to these little bits of memory's still?

I guess the good thing is that there aren't a lot of them. There are only 4 large storage bins of these clothes so for now I don't see a huge problem holding onto them until it isn't so painful to say goodbye to those memory's with my mom. Or maybe there might be another little angel needing to come to this family? Who knows, all I know is that for now it is just to painful to say goodbye to those little memory's.

4 comments:

East Coast Jenny said...

Keep the clothes. I feel the same way, when I look at the little outfits and dresses I see their littleness, sweetness and am reminded of the short time when they were tiny. Every dress my mom bought for them was put away with extra care and tenderness. Toss the swing, boppy, bouncer but close the totes and slide them back into storage for another day when you miss "those days".

Riley's said...

Good advice Jenny!

Kory Jane said...

We all save some stuff, but I had no problems getting rid of everything. As long as you feel the need to hold onto them, then what can it hurt?

Amber said...

Keep them until you are ready! I have gotten rid of all the Target clothes, onesies, etc but have kept all the things I loved the most and the things that were gifts from special people.