Friday, September 5, 2008

School Days

So this week began my next 17 years of early weekday mornings. I didn't think I would be able to get up at 6:30 in the morning on a regular basis but you know what, I did and I will continue to do it! That's the good part, now for the sorrow!

PAIGE STARTED SCHOOL. I am so happy for her and so amazed at how quickly time went. This whole week I find myself missing her while she's gone and eagerly anticipating her return. Today Taylor was so sad with her sister gone again! This is such an exciting time in Paige's life and yet I see a little reluctance when I drop her off in the morning. I think it is a little overwhelming but you would never know it by the skip in her step as she roams the halls of her school just a few steps in front of mom, occassionally looking back to see if I'm still there. With this new independance comes a new sense of freedom for her. I am eager to see her make friends, set examples, and to watch the choices she makes while I am no where to be seen. I think I like her teacher and the classroom set up is so nice and organized. I am excited to be a volunteer in the classroom.

Watching her as she walks down the halls at her school I sometimes remember holding her as a baby and think of all the challenges she has already overcome and think wow a whole new set will come her way. I don't think anything will try her little soul like the loss of her Gramie but she is continuing to cope and move past the pain. I do so wish my mom had been here for this week. She would have enjoyed it as much as I did.

Cute note, on her first day, Jeremy and I both wore our sunglasses in the school. I eventually took mine off but Jay didn't, big day for all of us.

Taylor will start some fun classes soon to keep her occupied and hopefully I will be involved in playgroup this year again so that will help her cope with her sister's absence. Taylor herself is growing so much and exploring the boundaries of her independant spirit. Taylor is such a sweetheart with just a twinge of wicked. =^)

Maybe this blogging this isn't so bad after all!

No comments: