Tuesday, September 16, 2008

So today when I took Paige to school, right outside of her classroom were their self portraits with the a description of why it is great to be 5. So I found Paige's and read, "It's great to be 5 because I can step on a fly with my shoe." LOL

I remember before I was pregnant, before I was ever thinking about getting pregnant, when all I had were 5 million names for the babies I was gonna have when I wanted 5 children, things do change don't they, and I remember specifically saying that I didn't really care what my kids looked like as long as they were funny. And you know, I have SUPER funny kids and cute ones. I think most people find their kids funny so what's funny to me may not be funny to others but I really have kids with GREAT personality's. Honestly, if you know them you know what I mean.

We were at Fred Meyer the other day and when we were walking out we passed the christmas light section. The girls got so excited and Paige walked to the other side of the isle and when she saw the Christmas stuff, she started singing in a hannah montana type melody, "Christmas..." then Taylor walks over to the otherside and starts singing, louder then Paige, "CHRISTMAS...." and they made up all their own lyrics right there in the store and people were walking by laughing. Those are the tender moments when I am thankful to be a mother... When they are fighting, WHOLE different story.

Today, right this second, might change by the time I am done writing this so I better hurry and say it, I am grateful to be a mother.... ACTUALLY I am grateful always to be a mother but right now I feel touchy feely about it... that could change if I hear a scream from the other room.

Funny story about this little boy in my primary. We are singing several songs right now and one of the things I try to get the kids to do is to watch me continuously. Well this little boy who is now 4 but in Sunbeams did the funniest thing in the world. I was holding out a note and all the kids were watching when I cut off except this little boy who kept singing the same note while he looked around the room. I couldn't really ask him to stop because I was laughing to hard and I didn't want to make him feel silly for singing. Let's face it, I would rather they all do that then not sing at all. The same little boy kept making me laugh because he was singing so earnestly that he was off beat the entire song. SUNBEAMS are the greatest I've decided either they sing and give it their all and then some, or they don't sing at all. I really love my calling. I don't think there is anything else I would rather do. I get to sing and teach gospel principles. Music touches my soul and I love listening to the kids sing. If I was released I think there would be huge void in my life. I don't really want to do anything else.... Watch now I will get a new calling. BETTER NEVER BE WARD CHOIR DIRECTOR.... I will say no. HAHAHA yah right.

No comments: