Monday, September 29, 2008

Pickles

On Saturday we celebrated my niece Zoe's birthday. Among the many things that Zoe received the stand out item for our dear Taylor was the jar of pickles. As Taylor sat silently watching, after Zoe finished looking at the card and the pickles, Taylor said while everyone was quiet, "When it's my birthday I will have pickles." HAHAHA I about died laughing. She was dead serious, so if you are ever in the market to buy Taylor a present, it's easy, just send pickles.


This was a night of laughs. When we got to my brother's house we were looking at some pictures we had retrived from storage. It took me a minute but then I noticed a pregnancy test on the table. I turned it over and my sister-in-law Paula is pregnant. I congratulated her and then I got a bright idea. See Jeremy was in the other room and since we are about ready to start trying for baby #3, I thought I would trick him. So I called to him to have him come in, quickly, I had everyone get really quiet. Then I said, "I want to share this happy news with everyone." Then I handed Jeremy the positive test. His response was hilarious, he said, "this better be a f'ing joke." Everyone broke up laughing and I said no babe Paula is pregnant and he immediately started laughing and gave her a big hug of congratulation.


It was good to clean out Mom's stuff. It wasn't nearly as hard this time as it was last time. We moved as quick as we could and there was absolutely no arguing. We were all gracious with one another and gave to eachother freely if there was something that one of us really needed. I think as Mom watched she was grateful as I am grateful for the example she set. She always told us that if one of her parents died, no material item was more important to her then the relationship she had with siblings. I felt as we walked away saying our last goodbye, that we all grew a little closer. I think families are amazing, I think in them we experience so many things that make us better people. I am so grateful for my family and my own little family. Within these families that we all have we grow more and more like our Saviour exhibiting Christ like love through the service, devotion, and sacrifice we give to one another. I am thankful for my family.


No comments: