Monday, May 4, 2009

Almost 30 weeks

So I am never sure how to tell what week I am in but I am pretty sure that I am approaching 30 weeks and that scares me to death.  I just realized that I have just a little over 2 months left and I still don't have my hospital bag packed, diapers bought, clothes washed and set up, the crib set up, and everything wiped down yet.  Heck I don't even have half the stuff out of storage. 

Panic mode set in today so I think I will make myself wait until after Jay and Paige's birthdays and then I will begin to plug away.  The whole idea makes me a little nervous though.  I don't like feeling unprepared and right now that's how I feel.  

On a positive note, I cannot wait to hold my baby girl!  A friend said today that baby's bring such a peace into a home and I couldn't agree more.  My girls are really excited and today is the first time they have really gotten to see and feel the baby move.  They both had different reactions to it.  Paige just lit up and watched it more and kept her hand on my belly.  Taylor immediately hopped up and started singing louder because she was sure the baby was dancing.  I am grateful to know that the only problem I am really going to have with my girls and this baby is the sharing her and fighting over her.  I would take that any day over jealousy!  She is going to be such a blessing in our home and I am so excited to hold and kiss her all over!

2 comments:

Julie said...

It doesn't take two months to do all that stuff, you've got plenty of time!! Especially if you were me, than you'd have 2 1/2 months left! =)

Emma Crowther said...

I am not long behind you. Although I still have just over 18 weeks left. I was just thinking I should get out the baby stuff and see what I have, and while I'm at it see if any of my maternity is in style anymore. The thing is I just don't have the energy to do it. I think I'll have to ask David to get it out of the garage where it is all buried.