Monday, July 13, 2009

Back to work

So today was Jay's first day back to work. Oy vey!!! I think we had breakfast at 10, bath's by 12:30, lunch at 1 dinner at 5:30, tv dinners, and a movie for FHE. Girls fell asleep to me reading stories at 9:30. no baths just faces washed, hair brushed along with teeth, and prayer and scripture while they were sleeping.

I think I will chart my successes and overall today was a bit of a success.

Tomorrow I need to clean the house but maybe I will call a maid's service. No seriously I am thinking about doing it only with the promise that I won't clean before they come which I personally think is a high possibility.

4 comments:

desiree said...

Yay for you! So baby (not sure what to call her still) is 2 weeks now???!!! Isn't it crazy how UPSIDE DOWN life can get because of a baby?!

Don't get stressed if you manage to come across a day where things just don't fall into place. Those are bound to happen, and you just have to keep afloat until the kidlets go to bed... deep breaths! Good luck keeping up the new routine... you'll do great! Just STAY PATIENT! :)

Julie said...

I'm impressed you even tried to do all those things! My kids rarely get baths and I don't have your excuse. Just remember it's summer and you're not supposed to have a strict routine/schedule! You're supposed to sleep in late and go to bed to late. =)

East Coast Jenny said...

I'm confident you would be less stressed if you lowered your expectations. That's right, come to the dark side. The dusty side of life.

Claire said...

I think it was after Sammy was born that we quit daily baths. :o) Hope all is well!