Friday, July 10, 2009

A Tad Dramatic?

So today I told the girls to clean up their room. Usually this is a once a day project and we complete it fairly regularly. Well with the baby this has become a little harder to patrol so today I told the girls to clean up their room. They asked for help and I said, "get started and I will come check in 5 minutes. If you have made progress then I will help. If you are sitting there arguing or just reading books then I will vacuum up what I can and throw away the rest." After a warning and then finding pictures of my sealing folded up and made into 'scriptures', I grabbed a garbage bag and told the girls they better hope they can move quicker then I can. They just sat there with big looks on their faces and I tossed half a garbage bag of barbies, my little pony, and other miscellaneous toys away.

They handled it pretty well. I on the other hand feel horrible since some of the stuff was Paige's new stuff she got for her birthday. I don't think they will have such a hard time cleaning up next time.

2 comments:

East Coast Jenny said...

I also filled a garbage bag of toys today. Hang in there, they won't forget that you mean business. I love your moxy.

Ben and Heidi said...

Wow! You're good!! I always threaten but can't throw stuff away. The best I got was the gunny bag where they had to pay me a quarter for each item they wanted back.