Thursday, April 9, 2009

Love

So last night the girls were brushing their teeth so I decided to do it with them. Well we got this new toothpaste and it was so grouse. It was so grouse that it created a tickle in the back of my throat and I couldn't wash it away and it caused me to throw up. This is a first for me.

The story isn't about the throw up. The story is about what my girls did. When I started throwing up, they both ran over to me and Taylor started rubbing my back while Paige decided to hold my hair. They both sat there with me the entire time except when I could finally tell Paige that I needed a drink of water. She ran down stairs got a glass brought it back and then got a wash cloth to wash my face.

I was so touched that I had little girls right then and could picture myself older and them taking care of me. They were both so loving and tender.

2 comments:

Kory Jane said...

It is amazing how kids emulate how you would treat them. I bet that is what you do to take care of them when they are sick (what a good mom you are!) Mine usually say what I say, "Are you ok? You better go lay down." ;)

Claire said...

When you experience things like that you really know you are doing a good job as a mom. :o) Hope all is well with you guys!!!